This year's Winter Meetings has been BONKERS.
what else is going on in baseball...
- Dan Haren and Dee Gordan are now Marlins. - Hardball Talk; CBS Sports
- Barry Zito. *snarls* - Hardball Talk
- Andrew Friedman is out of control and must be stopped before he dooms us all. - Sports on Earth
- The Yankees couldn't afford Brandon McCarthy. Okkkkay. - Hardball Talk
- Here is a summary of the Winter Meetings transactions. - MLB
"It helps if the hitter thinks you're a little crazy." -Nolan Ryan pic.twitter.com/ESGt6oxW27— Dugout Legends (@DugoutLegends) December 12, 2014
what the cardinals are up to...
At the risk of destroying my generally good relationship with the Cards blogosphere: Reynolds ZiPS: 218/311/402, 96 OPS+.— Dan Szymborski (@DSzymborski) December 11, 2014
Reynolds, 31, has hit 20 or more HR in each of the last 7 seasons. One of 6 players in MLB (Holliday, Cabrera, Pence, Ortiz, McCann).— St. Louis Cardinals (@Cardinals) December 12, 2014
KNOW THINE ENEMY...
the nl central
- The Cubs sign Jon Lester. - Deadspin: Beyond the Box Score
- Pat Neshek was almost a Pirate. - Hardball Talk
- Hank the ballpark pup raised over $150,000 for the Wisconsin Humane Society. - WISN
viva el stuff...
- Help this Englishman see the light! - Viva el Birdos
- The Blues won last night. - St. Louis Game Time
- The Rams lost last night. - Turf Show Times
- A time capsule from 1775 was discovered in Boston. - USA Today