The pace of baseball has been a large topic of discussion the past few, oh years. The main argument is that baseball is losing its audience due to the "turtle through molasses on a hot, summer day" pace. More often brought up is the length of the games due to this pace. With this in mind, some new rules have been instituted in the Arizona Fall League. Some of the rules include:
- The pitch clock. - With the bases unoccupied the pitcher has 12 seconds to pitch the ball
- The batter's box. - A batter is not allowed to leave the batter's box.
- No-pitch intentional walks. - A signal will be given instead of pitching four balls.
what else is going on in baseball...
- Athletes wearing costumes! - Cut4
- Ned Yost gets a skin cancer removed. - Hardball Talk
- Colorado is a beast to play in. El Maquino looks at why building a winner there is a near-impossible task. - El Maquino
- It is awards season, which means Gold Glove and Fielding Bible nominations are in. How do the players stack up? - Fielding Bible
- Later tonight the BBWAA will announce MVP, Cy Young, Manager of the Year, and other award nominations. - Hardball Talk
- Lots of interests in Blue Jays pitcher J.A. Happ. - Hardball Talk
- The Braves will make a qualifying offer to Ervin Santana. - Hardball Talk
- Alex Rodriguez paid his cousin hush money. - NY Daily News
- A.J. Burnett declines his player option with the Philies and becomes a free agent. - Sports Illustrated
- Here are the players who have received a qualifying offer. - SBNation
- What players should accept a QO? - Sports on Earth
- Oh wait, what's a qualifying offer? Sorry. Here you go. - SBNation
- Brisbee ranks the free agents. - SBNation
- You can see Madison Bumgarner on The Tonight Show here. - Hardball Talk
- Terry Francona gets a two-year extension from the Indians. - Hardball Talk
what the cardinals are up to...
- Bloody brilliant.
Happy Halloween!!! pic.twitter.com/MgMBD2G6VO— Adam Wainwright (@UncleCharlie50) October 31, 2014
- KFNS is off the air forever. - STLToday
KNOW THINE ENEMY...
the nl central
- Diamondbacks scouting director leaves to become VP of amatur scouting with the Brewers. - Hardball Talk
- The Rays may file tampering charges against the Cubs for luring away Joe Maddon. - Sports Illustrated
- Maddon says otherwise. - Hardball Talk
- Here is a look at Maddon's press conference. - SBNation
- Here is a video of Tom Seaver throwing a no-hitter. - Hardball Talk
- Javier Baez is terrifying. - Fangraphs