November 21 marked the ninety-fourth anniversary of Stan Musial's birth. This day in 2014 also marked the opening of the Stan Musial exhibit in BallPark Village. Here is what some people had to say:
The @Cardinals late, great Stan Musial was born on this date in 1920. He's 4th all-time with 3,630 hits: 1,815 at home, 1,815 on the road.— ESPN Stats & Info (@ESPNStatsInfo) November 21, 2014
St. Louis Cardinals (@Cardinals) November 21, 2014
We would like to wish a very happy birthday to Stan "The Man" Musial. pic.twitter.com/ZOYnIl3i5D— viva el birdos (@vivaelbirdos) November 21, 2014
2 legends. 1 town. SAME birth date. Stan Musial (1920) and Ken Griffey Jr. (1969) were born on this day. pic.twitter.com/CoCwx3SJqi— MLB (@MLB) November 21, 2014
Happy birthday to the greatest St Louis Cardinal that ever lived, Stan "The Man" Musial. He would have been 94 today. pic.twitter.com/vJjSuOBoMf— The Birds On The Bat (@BirdsOnTheBat13) November 21, 2014
My favorite Stan Musial pictures will always be him kissing Lil in front of fans. ❤️❤️ pic.twitter.com/SMNdG26r91— Patience (@Payshh) November 21, 2014
Stan Musial would've been 94 years old today. https://t.co/Q3i3hWLFBS— STLCardinalBaseball (@STLCardinals01) November 21, 2014
what else is going on in baseball...
- Jon Lester is a wanted man. Where will he go? Where is he most needed? (Please no the Cubs, please not the Cubs, please not the Cubs.) - Sports on Earth
- LET PAT VENDITTE PITCH! - Cut4
- Who were the best base-stealers at their positions? Check out these Bronze Cleat Awards (although, bronze cleats would be very heavy and make you very slow, I would assume). - CBS Sports
- Like prospects? Bernie Pleskoff writes about his favorites from the Arizona Fall League. - MLB
- Odell Beckham Jr. made a fantastic catch Sunday night. Some baseball players saw it. - Hardball Talk
- The Red Sox sign Pablo Sandoval and Hanley Ramirez. - MLB
- There may be a little problem, though.
- But do the Red Sox have too many outfielders now? - Just a bit outside
- What were the biggest free agent splashed in history? I can think of one. - Sports on Earth
- More often than not, the MVP voters get it right. - Beyond the Box Score
- This graph is interesting:
.300 hitters by season pic.twitter.com/KWfFw6x2Tw— Maq (@elmaquino) November 25, 2014
what the cardinals are up to...
- This is Jason Heyward's dog:
A rare chill moment though lol pic.twitter.com/eSNqHXK7xH— jheytwotwo (@JasonHeyward) November 21, 2014
GIVE HIM AN EXTENSION AND GIVE THE DOG A CONTRACT, TOO.
- Okay, let's be reasonable. Can Jason be what we hope he will be? (thanks flood, for the link!) - Gammons Daily
Since 2008 Matt Carpenter has the highest batting average on pitches 95MPH+. Hitting .367 (44 for 120). Min 100 ABs http://t.co/kVAiNSVd7H— Daren Willman (@darenw) November 22, 2014
You can even submit your own vote here! - Google Forms
KNOW THINE ENEMY...
the nl central
- Gosh darn it, Oakland. Way to go.
Addison Russell (@Addison_Russell) November 25, 2014