there is not a single active pitcher who has thrown more complete game shutouts in their career than Bob Gibson did in 1968— Cespedes Family BBQ (@CespedesBBQ) November 9, 2014
Bob Gibson turns 79 today. Do yourself a favor and check out his 1968 game logs. They're kinda ridiculous. http://t.co/niNjW2KnCf— Cespedes Family BBQ (@CespedesBBQ) November 9, 2014
QOTD: Why do I have to be an example for your kid? You be an example for your own kid. - Bob Gibson— COMC.com (@CheckOutMyCards) November 9, 2014
When I knocked a guy down, there was no second part to the story. ~ Bob Gibson— Lets Play Ball (@iLetsPlayBall) November 11, 2014
what else is going on in baseball...
- Pablo Sandoval wants a long term deal. - SBNation
And is meeting with the Blue Jays. - Hardball Talk
- Learn more about Cuban outfielder Yasmany Tomas. - MLB
- Hanley Ramirez would be willing to move from shortstop. - Sports Illustrated
- GABE NO! DON'T GO I WILL MISS YOU! - Just a bit outside
Seriously, don't leave us! - Just a bit outside
- The Platinum Gloves reside in Missouri. - Hardball Talk
- Can the MLB further punish Alex Rodriguez? - Fox Sports
- Brandon McCarthy is testing the free agent market. - Hardball Talk
- The Yankees resign Chris Young. - Sports Illustrated
- The Dodgers are looking to move an outfielder. - Fox Sports
- Baseball died in the Interstellar. - Hardball Talk
- Is fouling off pitches really a skill? - Just a bit outside
Jose Abreu wins AL Rookie of the Year. - Cut4
Jacob deGrom wins NL Rookie of the Year. - Cut4
what the cardinals are up to...
- Even Chris Duncan knows the Cardinals need to protect Yadier Molina. - 101.1 ESPN
- I linked this last Friday, but I really want you to read about my hero David Eckstein and what he is up to now. - Sports Illustrated
- Cardinal70 does more Exit Interviews. Read them here! - Cards Conclave
- The polls will open for the SBNation MLB Awards voting today at 3:00pm CST! - Viva el Birdos
- Molina is awarded the Platinum Glove!
KNOW THINE ENEMY...
the nl central
- The Cubs have had a pretty good off season already. - Sports on Earth
- Russel Martin is meeting with more teams. - Hardball Talk
- The Reds could trade Mike Leake or Mat Latos.
Lotta talk about Reds SP, and other execs say it's legit: They're willing to discuss Mike Leake and Mat Latos. Johnny Cueto unlikely to go.— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) November 11, 2014
Don't forget you can send me links via twitter (@lil_scooter93) or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org). Have a wonderful Veterans Day! Please remember to thank a veteran!
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Happy Veterans Day, <a href="https://twitter.com/boxcar_fritz">@boxcar_fritz</a>! Thank you for keeping our country safe! <a href="http://t.co/jjBpQ5MHTO">pic.twitter.com/jjBpQ5MHTO</a></p>— Heather Simon (@lil_scooter93) <a href="https://twitter.com/lil_scooter93/status/532169937604063233">November 11, 2014</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>