— MLB GIFS (@MLBGIFs) October 13, 2014
what else is going on in baseball...
- The Royals keep hitting dingers. - SBNation; Grantland
Pedro Martinez dancing!
- Check out this break-down of Lorenzo Cain's diving catch. - MLB
- Watch all of Giancarlo Stanton's beautiful home runs. - Cut4
- The expansion of the strike zone is a little bonkers. - The Hardball Times
- Chip Kale is the new manager of the Diamondbacks. - Fox Sports; SBNation
- The worst commercials of the postseason. - SBNation
what the cardinals are up to...
- Just a little recommendation from the Overlord.
- Losing game one is nothing the Cardinals haven't overcome before. - STL Today
- Yadier Molina becomes the Cardinals leader in postseason hits. - Hardball Talk
- And now he is hurt :( - Sports on Earth
Matt Carpenter keeps hittin'.
Matt Carpenter now has a 1.095 slugging percentage and a .714 ISO. It was .375 and .103 in the regular season. #STLCards— Ghabrehial Sihmohnds (@thestlcardsfan4) October 13, 2014
- Public service announcment:
Reminder pic.twitter.com/LrVxSbW9Rr— Aaron Finkel (@Aaron_Finkel) October 13, 2014
- Jim Edmond's son throws out the first pitch. Adorbs.
- Thanks fink!
Romo had dinger problems this year. Inexplicably, Cardinals are hitting dingers. Let's give it a shot.— Aaron Finkel (@Aaron_Finkel) October 13, 2014
KNOW THINE ENEMY...
the nl central
- The renovations at Wrigley have begun.
Chicago Cubs (@Cubs) October 11, 2014
the san francisco giants
- Giants probables for games three and four. - Hardball Talk
- The truth behind Hunter Pence's awkward throwing motion. - Hardball Talk
|Saturday, October 11 NLCS Game I||Giants||3||Cardinals||0||VEB Recap||McC Recap|
|Sunday, October 12 NLCS Game II||Giants||4||Cardinals||5||VEB Recap||McC Recap|
Tomorrow John Lackey and Tim Hudson square off at AT&T Park at 3:07 p.m. CST. Jeremy Guthrie and Wei-Yin Chen are slated to start tonight's game in Kansas City, but it is raining like crazy in and around the state of Missouri today - a tornado warning was just issued for Madison County, Illinois - so we will see if that game can be played. The Royals eye a 3-0 series lead. That game is scheduled to begin at 7:07 p.m. CST on TBS.
Also relevant: The St. Louis Rams take on the San Francisco 49ers tonight for Monday Night Football at 7:30 p.m. CST on ESPN.