in your opinion, which teams have had the best / worst off-seasons so far? having spent about 10 minutes musing on this, my top candidates for the best are:
- nationals --- added two potential all-stars of the future in elijah dukes and lastings milledge.
- dbacks --- will have dan haren and brandon webb atop their rotation through 2010.
- dodgers --- got a bargain on andruw jones
- braves --- cashed in nicely on the last year of edgar renteria's deal
- houston --- bankrupted their future for a so-so shot to win a weak division this season
- white sox --- got a weak return on jon garland; overpaid for scott linebrink
these are only preliminary reflections, of course; plenty of useful players still out there, and the santana trade has yet to go down. what say all of you?