today's guest blogger had something come up, so i come before you today as the emergency guest-guest blogger. and i'm gonna cop out and toss you a) an essay question, and b) a link dump.
essay question first: is there anything, short of winning a world series, that this cardinal team can do over the rest of the season to redeem themselves? if they get hot at the right time, get to the series, and lose nobly --- is that enough? if they go 35-10 over the last 6 weeks of the year and get the town excited again --- ok? or is there nothing short of a trophy that can erase the memory of 20-6 and oh-for-chicago, etc etc?
your thoughts here. other readings this morning:
- reaction to last night's game at diaspora, cardnilly, college of cardinals, and the red reporter.
get up baby and conor nicholl look at the resurgent outfield prospects in the stl system.
- whitey herzog wins friends and influences people.
- bryan smith counts down the top 10 nl rookies --- i respectfully submit that wainwright belongs on that list.
- here's a fitting end to the dispute over jason grimsley's salary
- the padres' clubhouse is seething.
game thread later on, in time for the game --- see if reyes can change 'em up again.