A daily recap of the minor league players in the Cardinals' farm system.
State College 6, Jamestown 0
- State College wins in convincing fashion to advance to the New York Penn League finals beginning on Wednesday. One interesting note is that the NYPL has not been a particularly successful league for the Cardinals in recent years. Batavia often seemed to be filled with players not quite good enough for Low-A Quad Cities but the stars were sent to rookie ball in Johnson City. Now State College, the new affiliate, finds itself in the finals.
- David Washington, 1B, provided the bulk of the offense with a 2-for-4 night that included a 2-run home run in the first inning.
- Steve Ramos, CF, was 1-for-4 with a triple.
- Jimmy Bosco, RF, and Luis Perez, LF, were both 1-for-3 with a double.
- Andrew Pierce was the real star of the game with a dominant 7 inning outing. He struck out 7 batters and allowed just 4 hits. Pierce kept the ball on the ground during the quick paced 2 hour, 8 minute game.
- Mitch Harris contributed the final 2 scoreless innings allowing 1 walk. Harris struck out 2.