A daily recap of the minor league players in the Cardinals' farm system.
Memphis 0, New Orleans 1
- Greg Garcia was 2-for-4.
- Jermaine Curtis was 1-for-3 with a walk.
- Memphis was stymied for 5 hits and 1 walk in the game.
- Scott McGregor turned in his best start of the season though Memphis was unable to capitalize on it. McGregor struck out 9 in 6 innings of work allowing just 1 run on 3 hits. A solo home run by left fielder Kyle Jensen was the damage.
- Kevin Thomas finished off the game with a pair of perfect innings. He struck out 2.
Springfield 4, Tulsa 8
- James Ramsey was 2-for-4 with a double and a walk.
- Ruben Gotay was 2-for-5 with a pair of doubles.
- Stephen Piscotty was 2-for-4 with a walk.
- Starlin Rodriguez was 2-for-4 with a double. Rodriguez has been hitting much better the second go around at Springfield. Unfortunately, he's a much less interesting prospect as an outfielder than a second baseman.
- Seth Blair allowed 4 runs on 7 hits in 6 innings. He struck out 2 and walked 3.
- Heath Wyatt allowed 2 runs on 2 hits. He struck out 1 and walked 1.
Peoria 1, Cedar Rapids 3
- Breyvic Valera was 2-for-4.
- Ildemaro Vargas was 2-for-4.
- Peoria lacked any hits for extra bases in the game. They also failed to draw a single walk.
- Chris Perry allowed 3 runs (1 earned) on 8 hits and 3 walks. Perry struck out 3 in 6 innings.
- Dixon Llorens struck out 1 in a perfect 8th inning.
State College 5, Williamsport 13
- Steven Ramos, CF, was 2-for-4 with a double.
- Jimmy Bosco, LF, was 2-for-2 with a double and a pair of walks.
- Matthew Young, RF, was 2-for-4 with a double.
- Juan Bautista was lit up for 10 runs (7 earned) in 1.2 innings of work. He allowed 9 hits and walked 1.
- Mitch Harris was the only State College pitcher spared on the night. He worked 2 scoreless innings with 3 strikeouts.
Johnson City 5, Danville 2
- Vaughn Bryan, CF, was 2-for-3 with a pair of walks.
- Ronnierd Garcia, 3B, was 3-for-5 with a double and a home run.
- Kenneth Peoples-Walls was 0-for-5 with the dreaded golden sombrero.
- Will Anderson threw 5 solid innings allowing 1 run on 4 hits. He struck out 1.
- Zach Loraine picked up the save with 1.2 scoreless innings. He allowed 1 hit and struck out 2. Loraine has 45 strikeouts and 10 walks in 37.2 innings at Johnson City. The 23 year old is also a St. Louis native.