A daily recap of the minor league players in the Cardinals' farm system.
Memphis 5, Round Rock 0
- Kolten Wong was 2-for-4 with a double and a walk.
- Chad Huffman was 3-for-4 with a double.
- Tyler Lyons pitched 7 innings of shutout baseball. He allowed 2 hits, walked 1 and struck out 4. Since returning to the minors in June, Lyons has started 6 games. He's pitched 40.2 innings with 37 strikeouts and 8 walks.
- Michael Blazek completed the shutout with 2 scoreless frames allowing 1 hit and 2 walks while striking out 1.
Springfield 0, NW Arkansas 6
- Mike O'Neill was 0-for-2 with a pair of walks.
- Springfield struck out an unbelievable 18 times. Their pitching staff also collected 14 strikeouts. I'm guessing it was a generous zone.
- Seth Blair pitched 7 innings allowing 2 runs on 6 hits and 2 walks. He stuck out 11.
- Kevin Thomas and Deryk Hooker both allowed 2 runs in an inning of work.
Palm Beach 5, Daytona 6
- Jonathan Rodriguez was 3-for-4 with a double and his 9th home run of the season.
- Adam Lewis was 2-for-3 with a double.
- Joe Cuda struck out 5 in 6 innings. He allowed 1 run on 5 hits.
- Robert Stock was lit up for 3 runs in 0.2 innings. He walked 2 and allowed 2 hits.
Peoria 8, Cedar Rapids 3
- C.J. McElroy went 3-for-5.
- Jacob Wilson was 1-for-5 with his 15th home run of the season.
- Breyvic Valera was 2-for-4 with a walk.
- Trevor Martin was 3-for-4 with a double.
- Ben O'Shea allowed 10 hits in 6 innings of work. He was tagged for 3 runs and struck out 3.
- Dixon Llorens pitched a scoreless 9th striking out three. He walked 1 and allowed 2 hits. Llorens has been wild this year walking 18 in just 28 innings but he's also shown the ability to generate a ton of strikeouts. He currently has 44.
State College 1, Mahoning Valley 3
- Jimmy Bosco, RF, was 2-for-4.
- State College was limited to just 6 hits and 2 walks.
- Juan Baustita allowed 3 runs on 6 hits and 2 walks in 5 innings of work. He struck out 4.
- Mitch Harris struck out 2 in 2 innings of work. He allowed 1 hit and 1 walk.
Johnson City 2, Greeneville 3
- Brett Wiley, DH, was 1-for-2 with a pair of walks.
- Kyle Grieshaber, LF, was 2-for-4.
- Will Anderson allowed 2 runs (1 earned) over 6 innings. He struck out 4 while allowing 8 hits.