A daily recap of the minor league players in the Cardinals farm system.
Memphis 2, Albuquerque 7
- Adron Chambers drew 3 walks but went 0-for-2.
- Greg Garcia was 1-for-2 with a pair of walks.
- Carlos Martinez got the start but was on a strict pitch count. He tossed 3 strong innings allowing 2 hits and a walk while striking out 4.
- Nick Additon followed and was lit up for 9 hits in 4 innings for 4 runs (2 earned). He walked 2 and struck out 5. I wonder if Additon was thrown off by coming into the middle of the game. Not an excuse but one of those unquantifiable intangibles.
Springfield 5, Frisco 6
- James Ramsey was 0-for-3 with a pair of walks.
- Ruben Gotay was 3-for-4 with a double and a walk.
- Adam Melker was 2-for-3 with a pair of home runs and a walk.
- Tim Cooney was roughed up at the start of the game and got touched up again in the 6th before he made his exit. He was responsible for all 6 runs over 5.1 innings allowing 6 hits and 2 walks. He struck out 5 but was undone by a pair of costly home runs.
- Kevin Thomas struck out 5 in 2.2 innings allowing just 1 hit.
Palm Beach 1, Charlotte 2
- Juan Castillo was 2-for-3 with a double and the only Palm Beach player to record a hit.
- Kyle Hald managed to scatter a crazy 10 hits over 8 innings while allowing just 2 runs (1 earned). He walked 1 and struck out 2. Hald allowed just 1 extra base hit to go with 9 singles.
Peoria 1, Burlington 5 (7 innings)
- Carson Kelly was 2-for-3.
- Peoria scratched out 5 singles but failed to hit for any extra bases or draw a walk.
- Silfredo Garcia allowed 8 hits over 6 innings for 5 runs. He did, however, strike out an impressive 8 while walking no one. This is one of those times where I struggle to know whether a player had a good game and was unlucky or struggled with their control and was fortunate to make it as far as they did.