First off, I missed that yesterday was Peoria's off day in the probable pitchers list yesterday. Tuesday only saw Memphis and Palm Beach in action. Kurt Heyer will be the starter for today's game at Peoria.
Next, it's worth noting that both Memphis and Palm Beach lost yesterday. Memphis in particular took quite the beating.
- Adron Chambers was 2-for-3 with a walk.
- Jermaine Curtis was 1-for-2 with a pair of walks.
- Chad Huffman was 1-for-3 with a double and a walk.
- Jamie Romak doubled twice in 4 at bats.
- Michael Wacha allowed 2 runs on 6 hits and 1 walk in 5 innings. He needed 88 pitches to pitch into the 6th while striking out 2.
- That's when things got ugly. Sam Freeman and Eric Fornataro would come in for relief and the 7th inning became an 8 run blood bath with 3 earned runs for Freeman and 5 for Fornataro.
- Stephen Piscotty was 1-for-3 with a double and a walk.
- Palm Beach only mustered 5 base runners in the game.
- Kyle Hald pitched 7 innings of 1 run baseball allowing 5 hits and 1 walk. He struck out 4.
- Lee Stoppelman walked 1 and struck out 1 in 1 inning of work. A Ronnie Gil error led to the game winning unearned run for Brevard County.