A perfect night for the club with solid pitching peformances from Wacha, Cooney & Hald. Kolten Wong steals the show for position players.
Memphis 8, New Orleans 6
- Seth Blair had a weak outing in a generally good spring for him. The walks returned with 3 in 4 innings. He allowed 3 runs on 4 hits and struck out 3.
- Eric Fornataro allowed 1 hit in a scoreless inning.
- Kolten Wong was 4-for-4 with a home run. Monster day.
- Chad Huffman was 2-for-5 with a home run. Huffman is 28 this year and played the previous season with the Indians AAA club.
- Jamie Romak was 2-for-4.
- Justin Christian was 2-for-5 with a pair of doubles.
Springfield 7, Jacksonville 5
- A rough outing for Scott McGregor in which he allowed 8 hits in 5 innings for 3 ER. He walked 4 and struck out 1.
- Kevin Siegrist allowed 1 hit in 2 innings.
- Starlin Rodriguez was 2-for-5.
- Tommy Pham, Jake Lemmerman and Chris Edmondson each walked and singled.
- Mike O'Neill walked twice.
Palm Beach 3, Jupiter 1
- Tim Cooney had a great outing striking out 7 in 5 innings. He allowed just 2 hits.
- Heath Wyatt and Lee Stoppelman each struck out 1 in a perfect inning of work.
- James Ramsey was 2-for-4 with a double.
- Danny Stienstra was 2-for-3.
Peoria 9, Greensboro 2
- Michael Wacha struck out 5 in 5 innings. He allowed 1 hit.
- Dixon Llorens struck out 2 in 1 perfect inning of work.
- Charlie Tilson was 4-for-5 with a double.
- David Washington was 2-for-5 with a double.
- Breyvic Valera and Jacob Wilson were both 2-for-5.
- Ildemaro vargas was 2-for-5 with a double.
- Alex Mejia singled and walked.
Cardinals Extended ST 4, Marlins Fifth Team 1
- Kyle Hald had a very good outing striking out 7 in 5 innings. He allowed 4 hits.
- Silfredo Garcia (keep an eye on this kid) struck out 5 in 3 innings. He allowed 1 walk and 1 hit.
- Anderson Gerdel and Sam Tuivailala both pitched a perfect inning striking out 1.
- Brett Wiley was 2-for-3 with a double and a walk.
- Jose Gomez was 2-for-2.
- Bruce Caldwell was 1-for-1 with a walk.
- David Popkins was 1-fo-2 with a pair of walks.