Big scores at the top and bottom of the games tonight along with a bevy of home runs. Ryan Jackson makes some noise and Chris Corrigan leads Springfield's shutout.
Memphis 6, Las Vegas 19
- A bit of a bloodbath for Memphis pitchers. Both Nick Additon and Kevin Siegrist allowed 6 ER in just 1.1 IP.
- Micahel Blazek fared marginally better allowing 2 ER in 1.2 inning. He walked 2 and allowed 4 hits while striking out 2.
- Anderson Gerdel allowed 1 run on 1 hit in 1 inning of work. He struck out 1.
- Ryan Jackson was 3-for-5 with a home run and a double. It would be supremely ironic if he forced his way into playing time this year via his bat rather than his glove.
- Brock Peterson was 2-for-5 with a home run.
- Chad Huffman also went yard.
- Colin Walsh was 2-for-3 with a pair of doubles and a walk. Walsh had a huge season at the plate last year for Quad Cities. The bat will continue to move him up the ladder but the question of position remains.
- Mike O'Neill doubled and walked.
Springfield 1, Binghamton 0
- Chris Corrigan struck out 2 and allowed 2 hits in 4 innings pitched.
- Zach Russell pitched a perfect frame.
- Danny Miranda pitched two scoreless innings striking out 3.
- Dean Kiekhefer struck out 2 and allowed 3 hits in 2 innings.
- Tyler Rahmatulla walked and scored the only run of the game. He was hailed a hero.
- Patrick Wisdom was 1-for-3.
Palm Beach 4, St. Lucie 6
- Tyler Melling allowed 3 runs in 3 innings. He walked 1 and allowed 3 hits while striking out 3.
- Hector Hernandez struck out 2 in 2 innings.
- Yunier Castillo allowed 1 hit in 2 innings. He punched out 1.
- C.J. McElroy was 2-for-4.
- Carson Kelly was 2-for-4.
- Cesar Valera was 2-for-4 with a pair of doubles.
- Adam Ehrlich was 2-for-3.
Peoria 11, Savannah 8
- Robert Stock allowed 1 run in a messy 2.1 innings. He walked 2 and was tagged for 4 hits while striking out 1.
- Jhonny Polanco suffered through an equally messy outing allowing 3 runs on 3 hits and 2 walks. He struck out 3 in 2.1 innings.
- David Washington was 2-for-4 with a home run and a walk.
- Anthony Melchionda was 3-for-5 with a double and two triples.
- Bruce Caldwell doubled and homered.
- Adam Lewis was 1-for-3 with a double and a walk.
- Lance Jeffries was 1-for-3 with a double and a HBP.
- Michael Swinson was 1-for-2 with a double, 2 walks and a HBP. He stole 3 bases.
Note: Stats are courtesy of the Cardinals' minor league staff and Farm Director. Any editorializing or comments are the author's alone.