- Luis Mateo (SS): 1-3, R, RBI, 2 BB, K
- Randal Grichuk (LF): 1-5, R, HR, 2 RBI, 2 K
- Stephen Piscotty (RF): 1-5, RBI, K
- Xavier Scruggs (1B): 2-4, R
- Thomas Pham (CF): 0-3, 2 R, 2 K
- Greg Garcia (2B): 1-4, R
- Ed Easley (C): 1-2, RBI, 2 BB
- Boone Whiting (SP): 6 IP, 5 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 7 K
- 5 of Boone Whiting's 12 starts have been very bad, he has been excellent in the other 7. Last night was one of the good ones, the Redbirds staked him to a 6 run lead early and he made it stand up allowing only 1 run and 1 extra base hit.
- After fourstick and I mentioned him slumping in the last 2 DFRs, Randal Grichuk went out and hit his 14th homer of the season.
- Tommy Pham has seen a lot more playing time with Oscar Taveras and Randal Grichuk riding the Memphis to St. Louis shuttle and he has taken advantage of it, hitting .315/.374/.515.
- Mike O'Neill (LF): 1-4, R, BB, K, 2 SB
- Matt Williams (2B): 2-3, RBI, 2 BB
- Patrick Wisdom (3B): 1-4, R, K
- Starlin Rodriguez (CF/RF): 2-3, RBI
- David Popkins (RF): 2-3,
- Kyle Hald (SP): 7 IP, 6 H, 1 ER, 1 BB, 5 K
Justin Wright (RP): 2 IP, 2 K
- Last night was a nice bounce back for Kyle Hald, he had given up 16 runs (12 earned) over 8 innings in his last 2 starts.
- Patrick Wisdom hasn't drawn a walk since June 25th and he has walked in less than 6% of his plate appearances, meanwhile he is striking out over 30% of the time.
- Charlie Tilson (CF): 1-4, K
- Bruce Caldwell (DH): 2-4, R, K, SB
- Nick Martini (RF): 1-3, R, K
- Anthony Garcia (LF): 1-3, R, K, SB
- Mason Katz (2B): 0-2, R, BB, K
Tyrell Jenkins (SP): 7 IP, 5 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 0 K
Samuel Tuivailala (RP): 2 IP, 1 H, 1 BB, 3 K
- It is good to see Tyrell Jenkins working deep into games, but the lack of strike outs since he came back is worrying. He's only struck out 5 hitters in 21 innings so far.
- Sam Tuivailala on the other hand is not struggling to miss bats. He's struck out 64 hitters in 37.2 innings.
- Bruce Caldwell has 8 extra base hits (3 doubles, 1 triple and 4 homers) in his last 10 games.
- Vaughn Bryan (CF): 0-4
- CJ McElroy (LF): 0-3, BB, K
- Carson Kelly (C): 1-3, BB
- Juan Herrera (SS): 1-2, R, 2 BB
- Steve Bean (PH): 1-1, RBI
- Luis Perdomo (SP): 7 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 0 BB, 4 K
- Chris Perry (RP): 2 IP, 1 K
- The Chiefs only had 3 hits and 2 walks heading into the bottom of the 9th. Steve Bean's 2 out pinch hit RBI single tied the game, and Michael Schultze followed up with an RBI walkoff single of his own.
- Chris Perry is 7th on the team in innings pitched, but leads Peoria with 80 strikeouts.
- Danny Diekroeger (3B): 2-4, 2 R, 2B, BB
- Alex De Leon (DH): 0-4, K
- Rowan Wick (RF): 2-3, 2 R, 2B, BB, K
- Jake Stone (1B): 1-2, R, 2B, RBI, 2 BB
Adam Ehrlich (C): 0-3, BB, K
- Austin Gomber (SP): 4 IP, 4 H, 0 R, 4 BB, 3 K
- Rowan Wick Dinger Watch: None
- He did, however, crack his 4th double of the season and scored the winning run on a wild pitch.
- Jake Stone's double was his 1st in the New York Penn League to go along with his 3 homers.
- Oscar Mercado (SS): 2-4, 2 R
- Blake Drake (RF): 2-4, R, HR, 2 RBI
- Casey Grayson (1B): 2-4, RBI
- Chris Rivera (2B): 1-4, K
- Juan Perez (SP): 5 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 BB, 3 K
- Michael Massi (SS): 2-3, 3 R, 3B, 2 RBI, 2 BB, K
- Malik Collymore (2B): 3-4, 2 R, 2B, BB, K, SB
- Michael Pritchard (1B): 1-3, 2 R, RBI, 2 BB
- Luke Weaver: (SP): 1 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 1 K
- Jack Flaherty: (RP): 1 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 0 BB, 2 K, HR