Greg Garcia (2B): 1-4, R, 2B, RBI, K
- Randal Grichuk (LF): 1-5, R, HR, 2 RBI, 3 K
Stephen Piscotty (RF): 2-4, R, 2B, BB
- Xavier Scruggs (1B): 1-4, 2B, 2 RBI
Thomas Pham (CF): 0-4, K
- Pete Kozma (SS): 0-4
- Zach Petrick (SP): 5 IP, 6 H, 2 R, 0 BB, 0 K, 2 HR
Randal Grichuk's 5th inning homer was his 16th of the season which leads the Redbirds despite Grichuk playing 19 games with the big club. His blast also pushed the Redbird lead in the game to 3 runs, the Zephyrs would not close the gap for the rest of the night.
- The 5th inning also saw Stephen Piscotty his 27th double of the season, which leads the Redbirds, and is the 2nd highest total in the Pacific Coast League.
- Zach Petrick certainly wasn't bad last night, but the numbers in the PCL this year have been underwhelming. His K rate is easily the lowest of his professional career at 15.5% and his BB rate is at 7.3% which is creeping toward his career high. He's also allowed 13 homers in 79.2 IP for Memphis this year. He only gave 6 homer runs in 177.2 professional IP before reaching AAA.
Rafael Ortega (CF): 1-3, 2 R, 2B, 2 BB
Cody Stanley (C): 2-5, 2 R, 2B, 2 RBI
Patrick Wisdom (3B): 0-4, R, RBI, K
- Breyvic Valera (2B): 1-3, BB
- Starlin Rodriguez (LF): 1-3, R, HR, 2 RBI, BB
- Matt Williams (RF): 2-4, R, 3B
- Alex Mejia (SS): 1-3, R, RBI, BB, K
- Sam Gaviglio (SP): 6 IP, 5 H, 0 R, 2 BB, 6 K
- Kevin Siegrist (RP): 0.2 IP, 2 BB, K
Mitch Harris (RP): 1.1 IP, 1 H, BB, 2 K
- Siegrist threw 17 pitches in his 1st rehab appearance for Springfield. Per a tweet from the Springfield News-Leaders Kary Booher, Siegriest hit 95 and 96 MPH with his fastball.
- Maybe Cody Stanley is regaining some traction as a prospect? His walk and strikeout rates are both the best they've been since his big debut in rookie ball, and his ISO is up to a career high .180.
- Tim Melville took the brunt of the abuse from the S-Cards. The Wentzville native surrendered 9 hits and 6 runs in 5 innings.
- Charlie Tilson (CF): 0-5
Ildemaro Vargas (SS): 2-4, 2 R, BB, K
- Bruce Caldwell (3B): 1-4, 2 R, 2B, RBI, BB, K
- Luke Voit (1B): 2-5, R, 2B, RBI, K
- Anthony Garcia (DH): 2-4, 2 R, 2B, HR, 3 RBI, BB
- Joe Cuda (SP): 7 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 0 BB, 3 K, HR
- Bruce Caldwell has put together a pretty decent season for Palm Beach thus far. The 2012 15th rounder looked pretty good in short season ball the last 2 years, but he scuffled a bit in his brief exposure to the Midwest League last year.
- Luke Voit has come down to earth a bit since his hot start, but he is still hitting lefties at a .314/.386/.549 clip so far this season.
- Vaughn Bryan (LF): 2-4, 2 R, 3B, BB, SB
- CJ McElroy (CF): 1-4, 2 K
- Juan Herrera (DH): 1-3, R, RBI, BB, SB
Carson Kelly (C): 1-3, 2 R, 2B, 2 RBI, BB
- Justin Ringo (1B): 2-3, 2 R, HR, 2 RBI, BB
- Richy Pedroza (SS): 2-3, 2 R, 2B, 3B, RBI, BB
- Rafael Medina (3B): 2-4, R, HR, 3 RBI, K
Luis Perdomo (SP): 5 IP, 7 H, 6 R, 2 BB, 5 K, HR
- Jhonny Polanco (RP): 1 IP, 1 K
- Vaughn Bryan had been mired in a pretty bad slump until Burlington came to town. In the 1st 2 games of the series against the Bees, Bryan has 4 hits, a double, 2 triples and a stolen base.
- Rafael Medina's home run was his 1st career homer in a full-season league.
- Justin Ringo is now hitting .300/.386/.500 in his brief Midwest League career, and he is destroying RH pitching to the tune of a .344/.422/.589 line.
- The game ended after 7 innings due to lightning in the area.
- Darren Seferina (2B): 2-3, R, BB, K, CS
- Robelys Reyes (SS): 2-3, R, SB
- Danny Diekroeger (3B): 1-3, 2 R, RBI, BB
- Alex De Leon (1B): 1-3, 2 R, BB
- Rowan Wick (RF): 2-4, 2B, RBI, 2 K
- Will Anderson (SP): 5.2 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 1 BB, 3 K
- Rowan Wick Dinger Watch: None
- ...but he had 2 hits, a double and drove in a run.
- Will Anderson did not look very good in his professional debut in the Appalachian League last year. Thus far this season though the results have been much more encouraging, he has struck out 25 batters and walked only 4 in 29.2 innings in the New York-Penn League.
- Casey Turgeon (2B): 0-3, BB, K
- Oscar Mercado (SS): 0-3, 2 K
- Blake Drake (CF): 2-4, R, 2B
- Casey Grayson (DH): 0-3, BB
- Chris Rivera (3B): 0-4, RBI
- Matt Pearce (SP): 6 IP, 8 H, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 BB, 4 K
Memphis: John Gast
Springfield: Mike Mayers
Palm Beach: Nick Petree
Peoria: Rob Kaminsky
State College: Dewin Perez
Johnson City: TBD