- Greg Garcia (2B), 0 for 5, 3 Ks
- Randal Grichuk (LF-CF), 0 for 4, BB, K
- Stephen Piscotty (RF), 0 for 3, BB, K
- Pete Kozma (SS), 0 for 3, K, R, 2 Errors (throwing, fielding)
- Thomas Pham (CF), 2 for 2, HR, R, 3 RBI
- Boone Whiting, 5.0 IP, 4 BBs, 4 Ks, 3 Hits, HR, 4 ER
- Seth Blair, 2/3 IP, 3 BBs, K, 2 Hits, 5 Runs, ER, 2 Wild Pitches
Pham left the game in the fifth, after running the bases in the previous half-inning. Hopefully he's OK, as he's finally having a pretty good season at AAA after many injury-shortened (but impressive) seasons at AA.
Kozma's errors didn't help Blair, but it's hard to look good when you can't find the plate. I'd be interested to hear if Blair's velocity has jumped in relief, but it doesn't matter if he can't get pitches through the strike zone.
- Mike O'Neill (LF), 2 for 5, 2 Runs, RBI
- Aledmys Diaz (SS), 1 for 2, 2B, R
- Breyvic Valera (2B), 0 for 2, K
- Cody Stanley (C), 2 for 4, BB, HR, K, R, 2 RBI, Throwing Error
- Kyle Hald, 4.0 IP, 5 Ks, 2 BBs, 3 HRs, 10 Hits, 6 ER
- Justin Wright, 2.0 IP, 2 BBs, K
- Mike O'Neill (LF), 0 for 3, BB
- Breyvic Valera (2B), 1 for 4, R, K
- Sam Gaviglio, 5 1/3 IP, 6 Ks, 3 BBs, 4 Hits, 4 ER
- Lee Stoppelman, 2/3 IP, K, BB, 2 Hits, 2 ER
- Mitch Harris, 1.0 IP, BB, H
The 3 - 6 game was a 7-inning makeup of a previous game that was cancelled on June 28th.
Cody Stanley continues to look impressive at the plate, even if he is a bit old for AA. With Casey Rasmus struggling, and the Kelly-Bean duo a few more years away, Stanley can put himself in good position to back up Yadi in the majors by continuing this offensive performance.
- Charlie Tilson (CF), 3 for 5, 2B, 2 Runs, SB
- Luke Voit (1B), 1 for 4, RBI
- Anthony Garcia (DH), 2 for 4, HR, R, RBI
- Joe Cuda, 5.0 IP, 2 Ks, 3 BBs, 10 Hits, 7 ER
- Sam Tuivailala, 1 1/3 IP, 4 Ks, BB, 4 Hits, 3 ER
- Kyle Barraclough, 2/3 IP, BB, K
Tilson continues to impress. He has been tearing up the FSL the last two months, with hits in over a third of his at bats, with decent walk rates, and 4 HRs this month. Of his 16 XBH, 11 have come in this past month. He still struggles against lefties, with a .651 OPS but has OPS'd .818 against righties.
- Vaughn Bryan (RF), 1 for 5, 2 Ks
- C.J. McElroy (CF), 2 for 4, BB, 3 Runs, Fielding Error
- Carson Kelly (DH), 0 for 4, BB, 2 Ks
- Juan Herrera (SS), 4 for 4, R, 4 RBI
- Steve Bean (C), 1 for 3, BB, K, RBI
- Rob Kaminsky, 7.0 IP, 7 Ks, 3 Hits, 0 BBs, 0 ER
A rough game for Kelly, but he has actually looked very good the last month batting .299/.360/.403. No home runs during that time though.
Kaminsky continues to dominate the Midwest League. In his last three starts now he has struck out 20 and walked ZERO in 18 2/3 IP. Overall his K:BB ratio is nearly 8 at 47:12.
- Oscar Mercado (SS), 1 for 4, CS, Fielding Error (6th)
- Chris Rivera (3B), 2 for 3, R, RBI
- Oscar Mercado (SS), 0 for 3, R
- Chris Rivera (3B), 2 for 3
The 3 - 2 victory as a 7-inning game to make up for the previous day's rain out.
It's too early to draw any conclusions from these games (if any conclusions from Rookie Level ball are appropriate at all), but it's nice to see Mercado and Rivera playing, and especially nice to see Rivera hitting so far.
- Malik Collymore (DH), 2 for 5, 3B, BB, 3 Ks, 2 Runs, RBI
- Rafael Ortega (CF), 0 for 1, BB, K, SB
- Edmundo Sosa (SS), 2 for 6, RBI, 3 Runs
- Davis Ward, 4.0 IP, 4 Ks, 3 Hits
Rafael exited his rehab start early, being pinch hit for in the top of the 5th.
Memphis: Zach Petrick
Palm Beach: Silfredo Garcia
Peoria: Arturo Reyes
State College: Dewin Perez
Johnson City: Josh Wirsu