- Greg Garcia (2B): 1-3, 3 R, 2 BB, K, SB
- Pete Kozma (3B): 2-3, 2 R, 2B, RBI, K
- Stephen Piscotty (RF): 1-4, RBI
- Xavier Scruggs (1B): 2-5, 2 R, 2B, RBI, K
- Tommy Pham (CF): 3-5, 2B, RBI, K, SB
- Mike O'Neill (LF): 2-4, RBI
- Angel Castro (SP): 7 IP, 3 H, 0 ER, BB, 3 K
- Pedro Feliciano (RP): 0.1 IP, 2 H, 4 R, 2 ER, BB
- Jorge Rondon (RP): 1 IP, H, BB
- Well pitched game by journeyman Angel Castro, who didn't allow a single extra base hit in his 7 innings of work.
- Feliciano is currently sporting an 8.10 ERA with Memphis since signing his minor league deal. Doesn't look like he'll be helping the big league club out of the bullpen any time soon.
- Tommy Pham has really taken advantage of the playing time that came with the Grichuk and Taveras promotions, hitting .375/.459/.563 in his last 10 games with 4 doubles, a triple, and 3 stolen bases.
- Matt Williams (SS): 0-4
- Jacob Wilson (3B): 1-3, R, BB
- Cody Stanley (C): 1-4, K
- Jonathan Rodriguez (1B): 0-3, BB
- David Popkins (RF): 0-4, K
- Starlin Rodgriguez (CF): 1-4, 2 K, SB
- Marco Gonzales (SP): 5.1 IP, 7 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 3 BB, 6 K, HR
- Marco Gonzales wasn't his usual sharp self, but was still a tough luck loser in a game where the Cardinal offense could muster just a single run. Just 57 strikes in 99 pitches for Marco and 3 walks, which I believe is a season high for him.
- Wilson, Stanley, and Rodriguez have cooled considerably the third time through the Texas League schedule. Perhaps the league has figured them out a bit -- we'll have to see how they adjust
- Starling Rodriguez got his first hit since being called up from Palm Beach on June 4th. It remains to be seen whether he can produce in any league outside of Florida.
- Charlie Tilson (CF): 1-5, RBI, K
- Breyvic Valera (2B): 2-4, R,
- Luke Voit (1B): 2-4, R, K
- Alex Mejia (SS): 0-3
- David Washington (RF): 1-4, 2 K
- Thomas Lee (SP): 8.1 IP, 6 H, 3 R, 2 ER, K, HR
- Christopher Thomas (RP): 0.2 IP, K
- Most of the Springfield damage game on a Bruce Caldwell homer with both Valera and Voit aboard.
- Lee got 14 groundouts en route to his 5th win of the season in 8 decisions. He's really eaten up innings for the Palm Beach squad this year, mostly by limiting hard contact and getting lots of weak ground balls.
- Alex Mejia committed 2 more errors, one of which led to a St. Lucie run. Those were his 8th and 9th errors on the season.
- C.J. McElroy (CF): 2-5, R, 2 BB, K
- Vaughn Bryan (RF): 1-5, K
- Juan Herrera (SS): 2-6, R, BB
- Mason Katz (1B): 0-6, RBI, K
- Kenny Peoples-Walls (LF): 0-3, R, BB
- Carson Kelly (C): 0-2, RBI
- Steve Bean (C): 0-3, 2 K
- Rob Kaminsky (SP): 5 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 3 BB, 4 K
- Chris Perry (RP): 0.1 IP, 2 H, 1 ER
- Kaminsky pitched well again, allowing just 2 hits in his 5 innings of work. He's still adjusting to the pro strike zone, but nobody in the Midwest League has been able to touch him up any at this point.
- Chris Perry has his first outing without a strikeout this season, blowing the save in the second game of the doubleheader. Perry did throw 2 innings on Friday, so perhaps he was a bit fatigued.
- The Peoria offense continues to be an ongoing struggle, with 5 games of 2 or fewer runs scored in their last 7 contests.
Palm Beach: Cuda
Peoria: Arturo Reyes