escrito por Elizabeth Bishop
Sí, esa excrecencia
más todo lo vulgar belleza de iridiscencia
hace una presencia más viril
Ahora en el aire
de dos en dos se pelean entre sí.
Abajo viene una primera llama-pluma,
y uno está volando,
con heroísmo furioso desafiando
incluso la sensación de morir.
What Else is Going on in Baseball...
- The Oakland A's have acquired Brad Mills from the Brewers for 100 pennies. - Athletics Nation
- Brock Holt \o/ - Cut4
Haha, Jonny Gomes
- Here is a very interesting article on a theory called "Effective Velocity", where not just pure pitch speed is key, but how fast the pitch appears to the hitter based on its location and sequencing. - SBNation
- Certain pitchers just seem to own, certain teams. The Cardinals arch nemesis is Lefty Tyler which is totally boring. What isn't boring is the nemesis of the Diamondbacks. Seriously. You need to look. - Sports on Earth
- Tony Gwynn approached hitting like a science, always repeating the same procedure and often yielding the same result. - Athletics Nation
- Here is a very, very, very heartbreaking article written by Tony Gywnn's bat boy. Makes everything really dusty. - Deadspin
- We might finally see that Yankees switch-pitching prospect! - Sports on Earth
- Gavin Floyd exits Thursday's game with this peculiar and really quite fascinating fractured elbow. Apparently it is gross, or so I have been told, so don't look at it if you are squeamish. - Hardball Talk (no pictures); MLB Daily Dish (no pictures)
- Lately we have been doing some thinking about if the Cardinals are drafting certain high-BABIP players, or high line-drive hitters. This article focuses on batted ball types and run expectancy. - Hardball Times
- Matt Joyce hits a ball back into a pitching machine. - MLB
- MLB games are getting longer and longer... unless Michael Wacha is pitching. - Bleed Cubbie Blue
- Oh. And Clayton Kershaw pitched a no hitter. Woo. - Hardball Talk
What the Cardinals are Up To...
- El Gallo! Fink, don't read this article about Carlos Martinez. You might pass out. - Sports on Earth
- In his last start, el Gallo was registering up to nine inches of horizontal movement on his slider and around ten inches of vertical movement on his fastball, that oh, by the way, just so happened to be moving at around 100 mph. - Brooks Baseball
- Cardinal70 writes a very accurate article about the center field platoon and the sides the fans are taking. - Cards Conclave
- Is giving Yadier Molina more days off the right thing? - 101.1 ESPN
- Welcome to the Cardinals, Luke Weaver. - MLB
Last time there was a Weaver on the Cardinals, we won the World Series.
- Trevor McGill, the Cardinals third round draft choice, has decided to go back to college for his senior year. - MLB Daily Dish
- Can the Cardinals really not hit pitchers they haven't seen before? - El Maquino
- El Gallo will get another start to give Michael Wacha some rest! - Viva el Birdos
KNOW THINE ENEMY...
The NL Central
- Alfredo Simon is the NL's first 10 game winner. Great, now he is not going to shut up about it at this year's family reunion. - Hardball Talk
- Aroldis Chapman is throwing changeups now, so that is awesome. - Fangraphs
- Jeff Samarszija declines an offer from the Cubs, so he is definitely gone this summer. - MLB Daily Dish
- So how much would an extension for Smladkjionafka cost to the team that gets him at the deadline? - Fangraphs
- The All Star Campaign is starting to heat up. Don't forget to vote! - Viva el Birdos
Milwaukee Brewers 44 30 .595 St. Louis Cardinals 39 34 .534 Cincinnati Reds 35 36 .493 Pittsburgh Pirates 35 37 .486 Chicago Cubs 30 40 .429
The Philadelphia Philadephias
- Chase Utley!
- Ryan Howard continues to destroy us. - The Good Phight
- Reid Brignac appears to be relatively okay after injuring himself trying to beat out a grounder Thursday night. And by relatively okay I mean he sprained the living hell out of his ankle. - The Good Phight
- Fink has provided a wonderful preview for us. - Viva el Birdos
- The Good Phight does its own preview. - The Good Phight
- For more Phillies info, check out their SBN blog! - The Good Phight
Viva el Stuff...
- Over in the fanposts there are some thoughts on the passing of Tony Gwynn. - Viva el Birdos
- Craig addresses some of the David Price rumors. - Viva el Birdos
- Don't forget to make a donation to Cardinals Care on behalf of Viva el Birdos. Proceeds go to benefit the St. Louis area youth. - Cardinals Care
- This... explains so much. - Viva el Archives
- It is the World Cup, yo. Here are 15 different types of fans you will meet in a sports bar. I know which one I am! - Sports on Earth
- I BELIEVE! - Fox Sports
|Tuesday, June 17||Mets||2||Cardinals||5||VEB Recap||AA Recap|
|Wednesday, June 18||Mets||3||Cardinals||2||VEB Recap||AA Recap|
|Thursday, June 19||Phillies||4||Cardinals||1||VEB TCcap||TGP Recap|
Tonight the Cards look to stop their two game losing skid. Jaime Garcia will take on old foe A.J. Burnett and that stupid curveball his grandpa taught him, which is a really adorable story, but NOT RIGHT NOW BURNETT. Game time is 7:15pm CST and the broadcast information is thus:
- Radio: PHI: 1210 WPHT, 94 WIP, SBP 1480 STL: KMOX 1120
- TV: PHI: CSN STL: FS-M
Send me links! Tweet me @lil_scooter93 or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org!