Colorado Springs 8 Memphis 3
- Kolten Wong (2B): 2-4, R, SB
- Shane Robinson (CF): 0-4
- Joey Butler (LF): 2-3, R, 2B, HR, 2 RBI, BB
- Stephen Piscotty (RF): 1-4, R, 2B, 2 K
- Xavier Scruggs (1B): 1-2, BB, E
- Pete Kozma (SS): 0-4, K
- Boone Whiting (SP): 4.1 IP, 8 H, 5 R, 4 ER, 2 BB, 3 K, HR
- Jose Almarante (RP): 1.2 IP, 1 BB, 2 K
- Lee Stoppelman (RP): 1 IP, 2 H, 3 ER, 2 BB
- Keith Butler (RP): 1 IP, 1 H, 2 K
- Whiting's last three starts have been brutally bad: 13.1 IP, 21 H, 14 ER, 5 BB, 8 K. Not sure if he's just struggling or the league has caught up to him finally.
- Joey Butler just continues to hit and would probably be on the major league roster of every other team in the division except the Cardinals.
- Lee Stoppelman continues to struggle with his control (11 walks in 13.1 innings) and also continues to pay the price for it, with 10 ER on the year. Not good for a guy who was thought to be a possible middle innings solution for the big league bullpen come mid-summer
- Mike O'Neill (LF): 1-5, RBI
- James Ramsey (CF): 0-4, K
- David Popkins (RF): 2-4, R
- Matt Williams (3B): 2-3, 2 R, 2B, BB, SB
- Jamie Garcia (SP): 2 IP, 3 H, 2 ER, BB, 2 K (left game after being HBP in the 3rd inning)
- Jason Motte (RP): 1 IP, 3 K
- Garcia took a pitch on the inside of his left elbow and left the game, X-rays were inconclusive. Not sure what his status is right now, other than having some of the worst luck this side of Kevin Mitchell.
- Popkins has really resurrected himself after his slow start, hitting .357/.486/.536 in his last 10 games.
- Motte threw just 13 pitches to strike out the side in the 8th inning. Springfield's radar gun was broken, so no word on how hard he was throwing that inning, but it was exclusively fastballs thrown.
- Charlie Tilson (CF): 1-4, R, BB, K
- Jacob Wilson (2B): 0-2, 2 R, 2 BB
- David Washington (1B): 2-4, R, K, E
- Breyvic Valera (3B): 3-4, 2 R, 3B, 2 RBI
- Anthony Garcia (LF): 0-2, 2 BB
- Starlin Rodriguez (RF): 0-2, 2 RBI, K
- Marco Gonzales (SP): 8 IP, 7 H, 0 ER, BB, K
- Gonzales scattered 7 hits en route to his second win of the year and got a ton of help from the Palm Beach defense who turned four double plays behind him. 15/4 GO/FO for Gonzalez on the day.
- Breyvic Valera stroked his third triple of the season and his three hits bumped his season average up to .328.
- Mason Katz (2B): 0-2, K, E
- Juan Herrera (SS): 0-2, K
- Ronald Castillo (RF): 2-4, 2 K
- Kenny Peoples-Walls (DH): 0-3, 3 K
- Rob Kaminsky (SP): 4 IP, 5 H, 2 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 2 K
- Kyle Barraclough (RP): 1 IP, 2 BB, K
- Kaminsky's Peoria debut was a solid start: 18 batters faced, 7 groundouts, 2 flyouts, 2 strikeouts. A poor defensive play by Mason Katz led to one of the two Cedar Rapids runs.
- Ronald Castillo just keeps hitting and hitting and hitting .340/.365/.495 on the year and currently 4th in the Midwest League.
- Another appearance by Kyle Barraclough, another scoreless inning. Given his age relative to league, this isn't surprising, but stuff is stuff, and if the relievers at Palm Beach and Springfield continue to struggle he might find a spot for himself there awfully soon.
- The Peoria bullpen threw 5 scoreless innings in relief of Kaminsky.
Probably Starters for Monday:
Memphis (A. Castro) @ Colorado Springs (Matzek)
Tulsa (R. Castillo) @ Springfield (Heyer)
Palm Beach (Mayers) @ Jupiter (TBD)
Beloit (Mendez) @ Peoria (Alex Reyes)