- Kolten Wong (2B), 1 for 4, K, R, RBI
- Joey Butler (LF), 0 for 4, 2 Ks, Outfield Assist throwing Jason Pridie out at home
- Oscar Taveras (CF!), 2 for 4, 2B, HR, 2 Runs, 2 RBI
- Stephen Piscotty (RF), 0 for 4, K
- Pete Kozma (SS), 0 for 4, K
- Thomas Pham (PH), 0 for 1
- Scott McGregor, 5 2/3 IP, 11 Hits, 7 ER, 2 BBs, 5 Ks, 2 HRs
- Keith Butler, 2.0 IP, H, BB, 2 Ks
I don't know the 40-man roster machinations involved offhand, but I assume they're the only reason Randal Grichuk was called up over Joey Butler. Even with last night's O-fer Butler is sporting a .379/.494/.561 line, and if he wasn't signed to be quality OF depth that doesn't need regular playing time, then why was he signed?
Oscar Taveras seems to be heating up (not that he was ever really cold). He's hitting .359/.390/.641 in his last ten games, and his homer last night was his second in as many games. It's his 5th on the year, which is as many as he had last year, but in fewer than half the PAs.
- Mike O'Neill (LF), 1 for 4, BB
- James Ramsey (RF), 0 for 5, 2 Ks
- Rafael Ortega (CF), 1 for 5, 2B, 4 Ks, R
- Cody Stanley (C), 4 for 4, 2B, SB, R, RBI
- Sam Gaviglio, 4.0, 9 Hits, 7 ER, 3 BBs, 3 Ks
Big night for Stanley, who also threw out a runner trying to steal 2B. Unfortunately he was also thrown out at home trying to score from second base on a Patrick Wisdom single.
Sam Gaviglio has had a rough go of it so far this season. This was probably his worst outing, but he has yet to have even one start with fewer than three walks, and has been hit pretty hard so far.
- Charlie Tilson (CF), 1 for 3, BB, SB
- Starling Rodriguez (LF), 0 for 4, 3 Ks
- Breyvic Valera (DH), 0 for 4
- Casey Rasmus (C), 1 for 3, K, 2 opponents caught stealing, 1 TOOTBLAN himself
- Marco Gonzales, 6.0 IP, 7 Hits, ER, 2 BBs, 4 Ks, 2 Pickoffs
- Mitch Harris, 1 1/3 IP, 2 Hits, 2 ERs, BB, Pickoff
- Dixon Llorens, 2/3 IP, H, ER
- Sam Tuivailala, 1.0 IP, 2 Ks
An impressive night for the Palm Beach's anti-baserunning efforts. They threw out five baserunners: two caught stealing second, and three picked off by the pitchers.
Colin Moran, the 6th overall pick in last year's draft, was 2 for 4 in the game. Gonzales allowed both hits, but sandwiched a K in between them.
Rasmus' TOOTBLAN (Thrown Out On The Bases Like A Nincompoop) saw him doubled up at first after the RF caught a line drive.
Memphis: TBD against Tyler Matzek
Springfield: Jonathan Cornelius
Palm Beach: Mike Mayers
Peoria 1: TBD
Peoria 2: Nick Petree