- Greg Garcia (2B): 2-4, R, K
- Joey Butler (DH): 2-4, RBI
- Oscar Taveras (LF): 1-4
- Stephen Piscotty (RF): 0-4, K
- Xavier Scruggs (1B): 1-4, K
- Pete Kozma (SS): 1-4, 2B, K
- Tommy Pham (CF): 1-3, R, K
- Boone Whiting (SP): 4 IP, 8 H, 5 ER, 3 K,
- Jose Almarante (RP): 2 IP, 2 H, 1 ER, 2 K
- Sam Freeman (RP): 1 IP, 1 H, 2 K
- Oscar Taveras was back in the lineup after missing a game due to a turned left ankle.
- Justin Germano scattered 6 hits over 7 innings for Round Rock while striking out five. The sole run was unearned due to an Alex Buchholz error.
- Whiting had his first poor outing of the season, giving up 4 extra base hits in his 4 innings of work.
- Mike O'Neill (LF): 1-4, 2 RBI
- Rafael Ortega (CF): 1-5, R, 2 K
- Aledmys Diaz (DH): 2-5, R, 2 K, SB
- Jonathan Rodriguez (1B): 3-5, R, 2B, 2 K
- David Popkins (RF): 1-4, 2 R, RBI, 2 K
- Patrick Wisdom (3B): 1-3, R, RBI, BB, 2 K, E (7)
- Joey Donofrio (RP): 2 IP, 1 H, 2 K
- Diaz got a night off in the field and continued to rake at the plate. Two singles and his fourth stolen base on the season.
- Wisdom committed his 7th error in the first month of the season. For a guy who came into the season with a ton of praise for his defense, he's certainly not looked it thus far in the year -- and he's not hitting either.
- The Overlord's sleeper pick of the year, David Popkins, is currently hitting .147 in April.
- Matt Williams (SS): 3-4, 2 R, HR, 2 RBI, BB, E (1)
- Starlin Rodriguez (RF): 2-5, R, RBI, 2 K
- Breyvic Valera (2B): 0-4, K
- Jacob Wilson (3B): 1-5, RBI, 2 K
- Anthony Garcia (LF): 0-4, BB
- Alex Mejia (DH): 2-5, 3 K
- Joe Cuda (SP): 1.1 IP, 6 H, 8 ER, 3 BB, 3 K
- Robert Stock (RP): 3.2 IP, 2 H, 1 R, 0 ER, 3 BB, 2 K
- Matt Williams continues to play himself into the lineup with his bat -- between he and Valera, they'd make one heck of a set of utility players
- Valera was hitless for just the second time all season.
- Anthony Garcia, my pick to break out this year, is currently hitting .171
- Robert Stock was excellent in relief of Cuda and the only guy who did a decent job of holding off the St. Lucie bats. He now has 16 innings in 7 appearances, with 15 walks to just 10 strikeouts -- not exactly what you're looking for in a relief pitching prospect.
Today's Probables (Cardinal affiliates in bold):
- Memphis (Castro) @ Round Rock (Feierabend)
- Springfield (Heyer) @ Arkansas (Sappington)
- Palm Beach (Lee) @ Fort Myers (Berrios)
- Quad Cities (Emanuel) @ Peoria (Reed)