- Pete Kozma (SS), 1 for 5, K
- Randal Grichuk (CF), 2 for 3, 3B, K, 2 BBs, 2 RBI, SB
- Oscar Taveras (LF), 1 for 5, 2 RBI
- Stephen Piscotty (RF), 0 for 4, R, K
- Xavier Scruggs (1B), 1 for 4, 2 RBI, 2 Ks
- Joey Butler (PH), 0 for 1, R, BB
- Tyler Lyons, 7.0 IP, ER, BB, 5 Hits, 6 Ks
- David Aardsma, 1.0 IP, 0s all the way across
- Nick Greenwood, 1.0 IP, 2 Ks
The Redbirds got serious in the 8th, scoring six times, and allowing Butler to have 2 PAs despite entering and exiting the game as a pinch hitter.
Former Cardinals farmhand Michael Blazek received the loss for the Sounds. He pitched a scoreless seventh before being pulled in the eighth after he allowed a single and a walk to the first two batters that inning.
He was caught by Matt Pagnozzi -- another former Cardinal minor leaguer -- whose two hits brought his batting average up to .105. He is now hitting .105/.105/.105 in six games this season.
Springfield had the day off.
- Charlie Tilson (CF), 0 for 3, BB, 2 Ks
- Breyvic Valera (3B), 0 for 3, BB
- Starlin Rodriguez (LF), 0 for 3, BB
- Anthony Garcia (DH), 0 for 4, K
- Sam Tuivailala, 1.0 IP, BB, 3 Ks
It's early, but Tilson's K rate is alarming at 28.8%.
It's early, but Tuivailala's K rate is amazing at 44.0%.
- C.J. McElroy (CF), 0 for 3, SB, ROE
- Juan Herrera (SS), 1 for 3, R, 2B, RBI, SB
- Carson Kelly (C), 0 for 3, R, BB, SB
- Ronald Castillo (RF), 2 for 4, RBI, K
- Kenneth Peoples-Walls (LF), 0 for 3
- Nick Petree, 6.0 IP, 4 Hits, 2 BBs, 5 Ks, 0 Runs
Peoria beats Lake County 4 - 0 (again)
- C.J. McElroy (CF), 1 for 3, R, BB, K, SB
- Jimmy Bosco (RF), 2 for 4, R, 3B, 2 RBI
- Ronald Castillo (DH), 1 for 4, R, RBI, K
- Kenneth Peoples-Walls (LF), 1 for 3
- Steve Bean (C), 2 for 2, BB, RBI
- Arturo Reyes, 6.0 IP, 2 Hits, BB, 8 Ks, 0 Runs
Since Tuesday's game was rained out, a double-header was played today (the duplicate score is just a potentially confusing coincidence). As a result, these games only lasted seven innings each.
On the day, Lake County stole no bases from Peoria, and Kelly threw out CF Cody Ferrell at 2B.
In the second game, the catcher for the Lake County Captains was Richard Stock, younger brother of Cardinals catcher-turned-pitcher pseudo-prospect and former 2nd-round pick Robert Stock.
Tonight's Probable Starters:
Memphis: Scott MacGregor
Springfield: Seth Blair
Palm Beach: Joe Cuda
Peoria: Jimmy Reed