NL Central Top 10 Prospects
1. Colby Rasmus - CF - St. Louis Cardinals
- Rasmus plays excellent defense in center field and projects to stay there. At the plate he couples an advanced approach with above average power and speed.
- Rasmus struggled for the most past last year as the Cardinals tried to alter his approach and get him to use the whole field. He will need to show that his struggles were merely a fluke.
5. Brett Wallace - 3B - St. Louis Cardinals
- Wallace has good power and showed it off in his pro debut as he slugged .547 including his time in the AFL all while hitting .327. He is a guy who can just hit.
- His walk rate was a mediocre 8.26% in his pro debut after being 13.5% in college. There is also some concern that he may move to first base rather soon due to his thick lower half.
There is also more stuff in the league previews on Cardinal prospects.
I know its a little bit of self promotion as I write for the site, but not all articles were written by me. If the Mods have an issue with this, please email me