So the 2008 baseball season has come and gone. The awards, for better or worse, are in the rearview mirror too. It is a sad time for this baseball fan, but the winter meetings are just around the corner, so things will get better soon.
What does this have to do with a fanpost? I needed a little extra baseball excitement to pass the time until the Hot Stove really starts heating up, so I figured a 2009 projection/poll for the player who surprised me most in 2008 would do the trick.
Feel free to discuss using any stats you like, or none if they aren't your thing (but that really is no fun).
So here we go, what do you think is the most likely outcome for Luddy next year:
- GOBwick- Luddy goes crazy and has the best season in baseball history. He hits .400, mashes 100 HRs and soars past Hack Wilson's RBI record.
- MVPwick- Lud has a Pujolsian type season. He finishes with a 1.100+ OPS and becomes the second straight Cardinal to bring home the MVP
- Studwick- Ryan has another season in the same range as this seaon. He falls in the 30-40 HR range, with 110-120 RBI and a .950+ OPS
- Ludwick- Ryan has a fully acceptable season, 20-30 HRs. 90-100 RBI, 850-900 OPS
- Dudwick- Luddy falls way back, he hits between 10-20 HRs, and his OPS falls into the 600 range
- Releasewick- Ryan fails to reach double digits in HRs , makes Izturis look like a power bat , and is DFAd before the season is done.
- Other- The world ends, the economy fails and takes baseball with it, Ludwick retires before the season to join a cult, etc...