Nice quick summary of Cardinals farmhands in the winter leagues over at the official site. I have an irrational liking of Amaury Martí, which may or may not be related to his having the same last name as José. I as hoping that he'd have an outside chance at a bench job this spring, but I guess not, now that Preston Wilson is a Cardinal again.
Since lboros has some games planned for us, and since spring training is about to start gearing up, I that I should propose another for this spring training. My challenge is simple enough--let's actually anticipate what Tony will do, and read through all of the spring training non-competitions and whatnot, and also make these ultimately meaningless games a little more fun.
So, I challenge you to predict:
- The opening day 25 man roster
- The opening day starting nine, position and order
- The spring training HR leader (don't get cocky here: Albert'll get significantly fewer ABs than other guys--he beat out Chris Duncan by only one homer to get last years title)
- The spring training ERA leader (last year, five guys, led by Izzy, allowed no runs in spring training), ten inning minimum
- The guy who gets the most AB (Duncan)
- The guy who earns the most wins (Mulder)