On a long drive over the weekend, I had the privilege of listening to Cubs and Brewer fans bemoan their fate on sportstalk radio. Which got me thinking...
- Why was Albert cemented in the 3 hole when the bats behind him didn't really scare anyone? Don't we want to protect Albert?
- Like the Brewers, did our bullpen wear down as much as one may think? They brought up the point of 2nd half ERAs being a lot higher than 1st half.
- Kerry Wood and Mark Prior are free agents. I don't think we'd want them, but Prior may be worth a minor league contract.
- Who agrees with me that Rolen should hit in the 2 hole or at least in front of Albert, especially if there is an expected power decrease upon his return?
- Is the National League Central going to be that bad again? Methinks the Brewers, especially if they can get better defensively in the OF, get one starting pitcher (Capuano blew), and better output from the catcher, are going to be miles ahead of the rest. Big ifs, but they have the potential to be better next season with a minimal amount of fixing compared to what else I see in the NL Central.